3.31.2011

The Swedish Chefs

Evan first took me to Broder several  months ago and I immediately fell in love.  The kind of love where you want to drop everything and buy first class tickets to Sweden for you and your sweetie so you can eat Broder-style 24/7.  This Swedish gem has been around for four years or so, and its mix of contemporary flare and European kitschy charm are really endearing.  And it's in an adorable neighborhood in SE.  And the food is amazing.  During our first visit, I indulged in the trio of open faced sandwiches, which included bay shrimp, egg salad and pickled beets with chevre.  I believe Evan had Aebleskiver (Danish pancake)...but I may be wrong, which is a bit disturbing, since my memory basically runs off of what, where and when I eat!  Round two, this past week, included Evan's take at the trio of sandwiches - pickled herring, egg salad and pickled beets.  We both loved the hearty bean soup and I added the butter lettuce salad, which was succulent. Oh, and the COFFEE.  Perhaps it's the real cream, which is served warm, in the cutest little bottle, but the Broder coffee is to die for.  And on a busy weekend morning, you can sip on it in their waiting area next door until a table opens up.  And the best for last - they serve breakfast all day.  Love.

- Lesley






No comments:

Post a Comment