4.03.2011

Oh l'amour...

I would have to name Pix Patisserie as one of the most perfect first date spots in Portland.  Even for a cheap date.  Evan and I stopped in after a romantic dinner at *splurge alurt* Fenouil in the Pearl.  Yes, even cheap dates need a fancy night out once in awhile  :)  We love the Pix shop on N. Williams Ave - it's funky, eclectic, sexy and romantic.  Not only are the desserts gorgeous and tasty, I am enamored with their names - who wouldn't want to order a Shazam! or Big Cheryl's "Ghetto" Cake?  The Shazam! has an impressive presentation and deliciousness to boot.  By the way, if you're ever going to a dinner party and dessert is your task at hand, bring an assortment of Pix delicacies.  you'll be idolized. 

I hesitate to admit this...but it must be disclosed.  I am not a chocolate lover.  (Gasp!)  So I can't speak to the intricate flavorings of the Amelie (below).  However, Pix does have one of the best Tarte au Citron I have ever tasted.  They also boast an impressive assortment of post-dinner drinks.  I sipped on a Kir Royale, which became one of my faves after a long visit in France.  The perfect end to a perfect evening.  Thanks, Pix!

- Lesley




No comments:

Post a Comment